Autumn Harvest Soup
Here’s an easy recipe found on mercola.com for a sweet soup made with your extra squash and rutabagas. Try it out!
1 butternut or acorn squash, cut in half
3 garlic cloves, ends removed but skin intact
2 cups rutabaga, peeled and diced
1½ – 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 small onion, chopped
¾ cup cashews
2½ cups Blue Diamond coconut milk
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. thyme
- Preheat oven to 400º Fahrenheit. Rub the squash with oil and place cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Cut ends off garlic, coat with 1 tsp. oil, and wrap in aluminum foil, then coat the rutabaga and sweet potato in oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add both to baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until softened, stirring diced veggies once.
- Sauté onion until soft and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Remove roasted veggies from oven and blend all of the above in a food processor until smooth. The nuts may remain grainy, but that’s okay. Add water as desired to reach preferred thickness. Serves 4.