Cold Cucumber Cream Soup
A quick and refreshing cold soup that can be prepared ahead of time for those warm, muggy evenings; if you are out of cilantro already, dill works just as well. Serves 4.
3 cups peeled cucumbers, seeded and finely chopped
⅓ cup plain yogurt
⅓ cup sour cream
¼ cup finely chopped white onion (or substitute a sweet onion, like Vidalia)
2 Tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
½ teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or dill
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
Sliced cucumber and chopped fresh chives for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, yogurt, sour cream, onion, peppers, and garlic and mix well.
- Remove 2 cups of soup and set aside. Using an immersion blender (or regular kitchen blender), blend soup ingredients until smooth.
- Combine the pureed mixture and the 2 cups of reserved soup.
- Add the cilantro or dill, pepper and salt. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- Stir before serving, garnished with sliced cucumbers and chopped chives. Don’t you feel cooler already? Enjoy!