Zucchini Garlic Bites
This tasty zucchini garlic bites recipe found on the Grow a Good Life food blog combines shredded zucchini with garlic, Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, and is served with a marinara dipping sauce for an Italian inspired twist. Recipe makes about 16 bites.
1 cup shredded zucchini drained well
1 clove garlic grated fine
⅓ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 large egg
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives (or 1 Tbsp dried)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (or ½ Tbsp dried)
1 tsp chopped fresh basil (or ½ tsp dried)
1 tsp chopped fresh oregano (or ½ tsp dried)
pinch of salt and pepper
tomato sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Use a box grater to grate the zucchini into a clean towel. Roll up the towel and twist to wring out the moisture.
- Grate the garlic using the small holes on the box grater.
- Add the shredded zucchini, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan, chives, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Shape a tablespoon of the mixture into your hands, pat into small balls, and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven until golden. Serve warm with marinara sauce.