Simple Spaghetti Squash
This recipe from damndelicious.net really is the easiest way to cook spaghetti squash. And it’s such a healthy substitute to pasta – low in calories and fat!
1 (2-3 pounds) spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail and scrape out the seeds. (You can microwave the squash first for 2-5 minutes to make slicing easier). Then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place squash, cut-side down, onto the prepared baking dish. Place into oven and roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.