Green Beans Au Gratin
This recipe for Green Beans Au Gratin, found on food.com, is a real crowd pleaser. It’s a great comfort dish for big family meals and special occasions! Serves 4.
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
1½ cups milk
⅔ cup Swiss cheese, grated
3 cups green beans, cooked
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup potato chips, crushed
3 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Cook over low heat until bubbly and smooth.
- Add milk and cook until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese, blend well, until all cheese is melted.
- Add green beans to cheese mixture.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, potato chips, bacon, and paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.