Radicchio and Summer Squash Salad
Found on Royal Rose’s radicchio.com, this recipe is easy, colorful, and readily combines some of our veggies this week. The recipe serves 6.
½ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
½ cup shredded radicchio
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients (first six) together in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate sliced zucchini in dressing for about 3 minutes; remove zucchini and arrange on a platter in a circle.
- Toss radicchio with remaining dressing in the bowl and mound in center of platter.
- Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts.
- Add more salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, as needed. Enjoy!