Italian Turkey Soup
Turkey soup may be the end of the line for turkey leftovers, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be boring! Here’s a tasty soup recipe found on www.epicurious.com that’s made with all your favorite summer veggies: zucchini, pepper, onion, carrot, and garlic. Enjoy! Serves 4.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tablespoon dried basil
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
6 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
2 medium zucchini, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 9-ounce package fresh cheese ravioli or tortellini
1½ cups diced cooked turkey
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, basil, fennel seeds and crushed red pepper and sauté until vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth. Cover pot and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and carrot. Cover and simmer until carrot is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and bring soup to boil. Add ravioli and boil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook just until heated through, about 1 minute. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve, passing cheese separately.