Lemon Zucchini Cake
This Lemon Zucchini Cake, found on the Mom on Timeout food blog, is definitive proof that lemon and zucchini belong together! Beautifully moist and undeniably delicious, this easy cake is topped with a lemon glaze that will keep you coming back for one more slice. An excellent way to use up that zucchini from your CSA shares! Serves 10.
1¼ cup granulated sugar
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or vegetable or canola oil
2 eggs room temperature
⅓ cup vanilla almond milk or whole milk
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
2 cups cake flour (can substitute all purpose flour by removing 2 Tbsp and replacing it with 2 Tbsp corn starch)
1⅓ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1½ cup shredded zucchini drained and squeezed dry
2 Tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and olive oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and almond milk and whisk together.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until incorporated.
- Fold in zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. The top of the cake should look dry.
- Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Use the parchment paper to carefully life the cake from the pan. Let cool completely on rack.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Slice and serve.