Yes, this cake is made with beets! Very highly reviewed on food.com. According to the recipe, the batter looks red, but the red bakes out. Try it with almond flavored frosting, or serve it with homemade whipped cream.
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups shredded fresh beets
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 °, grease and flour 13×9 baking pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, beets and walnuts.
- Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Pour into pan, bake for 45 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.